This “bread” has almost no carb, is high in protein, very delicious, and very filling!! It keeps me full for HOURS (which is the opposite of wheat-based breads that cause a rapid increase in blood glucose, followed by a spike in insulin, then a drop a couple hours later leaving you hunnnnnngry).
- 1/2 cup flax
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup egg whites
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease a baking tray or cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Pour onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges slightly golden.
- Remove from heat, let cool, then lift carefully with spatula (it might stick a bit).
- Use scissors to cut into bread-sized pieces!
- Make sandwiches as desired: here I made almond butter and sugar-free jam snack-sized sandwiches for a mid-morning snack. I love PB&J and this version did not disappoint!
P.S.: Notice my photo staging? 😉 I’m trying to learn to take better food photos!
Follow me @healthyhigh on Instagram for more food and work-out pics!