Here is a great low carb “pasta” option with a delicious vegetarian sauce that is sure to satisfy and fill you up! I added goat cheese and almonds to the sauce for healthy fat (and delicious flavour). Serve with whatever vegetables you want – I happened to have kale and portobello mushrooms in the fridge tonight.
- 3 red peppers
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (or equivalent amount of roma tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 tbsp goat cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Here are the vegetables out of the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Slice peppers in half and remove seeds. Then lay on baking sheet with tomatoes. Wipe clean the mushrooms and place on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, then bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place tomatoes and red peppers in blender with remaining ingredients. Blend or pulse to desired thickness (I left mine a little chunky).
- Serve over zucchini noodles or shirataki noodles if going low carb. Otherwise, this would also taste great on chicken or salmon!
I served over zucchini noodles and steamed kale, then topped with the portobello mushrooms. This whole meal took 20 minutes of prep and 30 minutes in the oven while I was putting Little Pokie to bed. It was EASY, honestly. And it looks fancy. I like fancy 😉