These were featured on the 700 Club Canada on September 23, 2014 as part of the Healthy Lunch segment I filmed with them! See the footage here.
Lunch, snack, side… these puppies are versatile! 😉
- 1 package lean ground turkey or chicken
- 1/4 Dijon or plain mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 yellow onion – diced
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin, garam masala, Chinese five spice (or whatever spice you enjoy)
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional: 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a muffin tray with coconut oil (or a light spray).
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl – you’ll have to get your hands dirty!
- Scoop small portions into the greased muffin tray – it’s easier if you form a ball with your hands.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until cooked through.
- These will store in the fridge for a few days. You can eat them alone as a high protein snack, or break them into a wrap, or use them as meatballs for spaghetti!