Follow me on Instagram for more food and meal ideas: @healthyhigh
DR HIGH METABOLIC CLINIC
This clinic uses therapeutic nutrition to treat patients with metabolic diseases and obesity. Strategies include low carb high fat (LCHF), intermittent fasting, ketogenic diet and Mediterranean diet. Therapeutic nutrition is individualized based on each patient’s metabolic condition and particularly the degree of insulin resistance. This clinic is OHIP-funded and there is no cost to the patient.
Clinics are held on Mondays from 9am – 4pm.
Location: Burlington, ON
2951 Walkers Line, Main Floor
Burlington, Ontario, L7M 4Y1
For questions, please call: (905) 592-2301
- BMI > 27 with 1 metabolic comorbidity (pre diabetes, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, fatty liver, PCOS, dyslipidemia)
- BMI > 30 with no comorbidities.
- Patients motivated to improve their health and reverse metabolic diseases through significant dietary changes.
- Family doctor or other medical specialist’s referral.
- Monthly visits for the first 3 months
- Followed by visits every 3 months thereafter
- Initial introductory 2 week strict low carb meal plan provided
- Food lists, resources, explanations of insulin resistance, nutritionist support
- Reduce medication use, decrease insulin doses and eliminate other diabetes medications
- Improve blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, fatty liver, PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Lose weight!
- Eliminate sugar cravings and establish a healthy relationship with food
- Feel satisfied (no more hunger or starvation diets!) while enjoying delicious and healthy foods