Low carb pizza crust made out of cauliflower. You’ve got to try it!
Imagine eating an entire pizza made of vegetables and it actually tasting good…! 😉 Seriously, really good.
- One head of cauliflower
- 3/4 cup grated cheese (I used Allegro brand lactose free cheese from Loblaws)
- 2 egg whites
- optional: 3 tbsp ground flax or hemp hearts or chia seeds
- salt and pepper as desired
- Wash the cauliflower. Dry very well. If you have a food processor, process the cauliflower into fine crumbs (discard any large chunks from the stem). If you do not have a food processor, grate the cauliflower florets using a cheese grater.
- Put the crumbled cauliflower into a microwaveable bowl and microwave with NO water for 7 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Press onto a greased and floured pizza tray using your hands to press it into a crust shape. Keep it pretty thick (at least 1.2 cm).
- Bake at 400F for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Then top with garlic, pizza sauce, and whatever ingredients you want. Bake again for another 10 minutes (or longer if you didn’t pre-cook your veggies).
– sundried tomatoes
– portabello mushroom (pre-roasted with garlic)
– yellow squash and green zucchini (pre-roasted with garlic)
– Pizza sauce (make your own, or choose one that has no sugar added)
– goat cheese
– Roasted chicken
– chopped garlic