Fun news everyone….. I’m engaged!
Yep, we got engaged on September 29th, 2013 and I’m so, so, so happy!! 🙂 My fiance is the best. I am so thankful and so very blessed. He is wonderful… [sigh]
Being engaged also means… Operation “Get Super Fit for my Wedding” is in full effect. I have exactly 6 months. Haha..
On to today’s Clean Eating recipe: I like snacking. I am a snacker. I’m not one of those people who can eat just once or twice a day and then forget about food for the rest of the day. I like to munch every 2-3 hours, and have yummy snacks in my purse in case I get hungry… I’m that girl (you know, the girl who always has way too much stuff in her purse but is ready for anything: hand sanitizing wipes, an extra fork, healthy snacks, floss, a pen and a highlighter… what if you need to make an emergency to-do list?! LOL).
Nuts are an excellent snack choice. They contain healthy fats that will keep you satisfied longer than something with a high carb content that gets digested and metabolized very quickly. Plus, they’re packed full of goodness (vitamin E, fiber, magnesium, and 7.6g protein per 1/4 cup of almonds). I love raw nuts, but this week I wanted to mix things up a bit and try roasting some almonds. These CINNAMON HONEY ROASTED ALMONDS have none of the added oil that store-bought roasted nuts have, but taste deliciously toasted with a sweet & salty kick of cinnamon. YUM!
- 1.5 cups raw almonds
- 1 egg white
- 4 drops liquid Stevia
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or Kosher salt
- Pre-heat oven to 275F. Prepare baking sheet by covering with parchment paper.
- Beat egg white until foamy. Add Stevia, honey and cinnamon. Beat again.
- Toss almonds in egg white mixture, then spread on baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roast for 15 minutes, toss, then roast another 15 minutes. Turn oven off and let almonds sit in the heat for another 20 minutes, then remove from oven and allow almonds to cool.
- Store in an air-tight jar once completely cooled. NOM NOM NOM!!