Do you remember how I said that I dreamed of owning a Vitamix blender?
Well…. I have the best boyfriend who is awesome, kind, humble, considerate, generous, super smart (oh right… this is supposed to be a clean eating blog… sorry, I got off track, hehe) and treats me like I’m a princess, and he GOT ME ONE FOR MY BIRTHDAY!! I’m a very blessed girl 😀
I’ve made a few things with it so far: juice, hummus, mashed cauliflower. But I’m looking forward to experimenting with soups because the Vitamix actually heats up your soup as it’s blending!!
Today, I want to talk about JUICING.
Juicing has become a big fad. I’m of two minds about it.
- On the one hand, if juicing is going to get you to consume more vegetables, and a variety of vegetables, then that is a plus. Like.
- But on the other hand, if you’re just juicing fruits, then you’re consuming a lot of sugar which is not so healthy. Dislike.
- Also, juicing removes all the fiber from your fruits & veggies… Double Dislike.
Enter the Vitamix blender.
The Vitamix is awesome because you can do WHOLE VEGETABLE/FRUIT JUICING. Meaning, you don’t discard the fiber! You get the full nutritional profile of your fruits and vegetables. Like!
- 2 cups kale leaves
- 1/2 green apple
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup coconut water (or water)
- Combine all ingredients in blender until you have a juice! 🙂