Need ideas to help finish up your Christmas turkey leftovers before the new year?
My dad used to love making turkey pie with the leftovers growing up, as delicious as that is, the flaky pie crust is far from healthy… This year I made the turkey roast for our family and by day 3 my brother was getting pretty tired of eating the leftovers, so I got creative and made this simple casserole. It’s really easy and keeps things healthy with eggs and egg whites! This should help you get through the leftovers before 2014.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
- 2 cups leftover roast turkey (shredded)
- 1 cup leftover stuffing
- 1 cup leftover veggies (any: beets, carrots, brussel sprouts, beans)
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp corn meal or flour
- 1 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1/4 nutritional yeast (optional)
- additional spices used for your turkey (such as sage, thyme, parsley)
- 2 cups spinach
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, corn meal or flour, turmeric and spices in a small bowl.
- Combine leftovers and spinach in a medium-sized casserole dish (mine was 8
- ). Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.